NR – Natural Reminders
Natural Reminders is a different kind of task reminder app that mimics the way our brains set and remember tasks, and then reminds us about these just in time (or in advance). And you can set the task speaking slowly to the app if you have a good Internet connection. It can even speak back to you about the task when it’s time to remind you!
It is simple to use:
- Tap a circular button in the row at the top to select the day you want to schedule a task within the next 7 days (the current day is the default day)
- Tap on one of the buttons marked 1-16 main screen
- Tap on the microphone icon and describe the task by speaking to NR; or, if you want privacy, type the task description in the task field
- Tap in the time field and set the time the task is due, or tap on the microphone icon and set the time by speaking to NR
- Tap in the fixed reminder field to choose to be reminded of the task between 5-30 minutes before the task is due, or tap in the pop-up pre-reminder field to choose to be reminded 1-9 hours before the task is due. You can also schedule multiple reminders within the repeated reminders field
Press the save button
- To add another task, repeat the same process but choose another blank numbered button from the 1-16 buttons on the home screen
- NR will provide a voice reminder at both the task due time, or in advance if fixed or pre-reminders were set. If you prefer privacy return to the home screen and select ‘disable sound’ from the menu button. NR will then do the reminding only through vibration and notifications text.
NR can be used to remind up to 7-Days at a time on an ongoing-basis, week-in / week-out.
- When you add a task to a slot (numbered button), its colour changes to red, orange, or green. The colours have psychological significance. For some people red signify urgency. For other people it is green has priority. Switch the “urgency” colours (using the menu) to suit your preference
- Slots with no tasks set for them remain blank
- When the due time for a task passes, the task moves to an “Overdue” list which can be accessed from the home screen
- You will continue to receive reminders for your overdue tasks until you mark it as Done, Forgotten, Outdated, or Cancelled
- Tapping the red buttons: Done, Forgotten, Outdated, or Cancelled – permanently deletes that task and its reminders from NR and from the device
- Tapping the menu button on the home screen provides access to additional functions and options
- Tasks are stored on the user’s device only. NR does NOT collect the content of any tasks set up by users. These remain exclusively on the user’s own device and will be PERMANENTLY deleted whenever the user taps any of the four buttons: Done, Forgot, Outdated, or Cancelled.
HOW TO USE NR
MY MEMORY SERVICE
NR is 100% FREE to download and use
The standard NR app and its data remain on your smartphone with no access to anybody. Once you delete the data, it is gone for ever. While this is good for privacy, it prevents analysis that could help monitor your memory performance and any improvements in it. If you would like to do such monitoring and try to improve your task memory, you can register for the My-Memory functionality paying a small fee.
MY-MEMORY WEB ANALYSIS – £4.99/MONTH OR £50/YEAR
If you register for the My-Memory functionality, your data get uploaded to our servers. If you use the “research” buttons – Forgot, Done, Outdated, Canceled / Forgot-Reschedule and Remember-Reschedule / EP and SP – your memory performance can be analysed in meaningful ways. The analysis can reveal whether your task memory is improving and you yourself, your family, doctor and care-givers can check progress via the web and get detailed results.